The Respect Life Committee of St. Ignatius Parish is a part of the Respect Life Program of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, formed to implement the Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
We uphold the Gospel of Life and are committed to our belief that each person is made in the image of a loving God and that all human life is sacred and worthy of our continuing Love, support, care, and protection at all stages of life.
Guided by Scripture and Catholic tradition, we are committed to help parishioners become more aware of life issues and the needs of those we meet on the journey of Life. We work together to assist in a practical way men, women, and children in need, and we support the pro-life goals of:
- Project Rachel*
- Gabriel Project*
- Interfaith Committee for Life
- United for Life
- Walk for Life West Coast
Related Web Sites and Links:
- Standing for the Unborn: A Statement of the Society of Jesus in the United States on Abortion:http://jesuits.org/assets/Publications/File/abortionstatement_2015.pdf
- Archdiocese of San Francisco: For Respect Life activities and information, Click here.
- Birthright is an international service that provides caring, non-judgmental support to girls and women who are distressed by an unplanned pregnancy. Using its own resources and those of the community, Birthright provides positive and loving alternatives to abortion. Birthright provides friendship and emotional support, free pregnancy tests, legal, medical, and financial assistance, assistance with housing, referral to social agencies, and maternity and baby clothes.Click here visit Birthright’s web site.
- Project Rachel, a service of the Archdiocese of San Francisco’s Respect Life Commission, provides healing for the pain of abortion and aids in finding a path to peace and reconciliation. Click here to learn more about Project Rachel.
- The Nurturing Network is a nationwide non-profit equal-opportunity organization whose primary concern is the woman experiencing an unplanned — and probably unwanted — pregnancy. The Nurturing Network was created to give a mother a real alternative, one which recognizes her unique values, needs, and circumstances. The Network is made up of dedicated, caring professionals who can offer the special support a woman needs to give her child life — and to make the most of hers as well. Click here to visit the Network’s web site.
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Pro-Life Activities: http://www.usccb.org/about/pro-life-activities/
- California Pro-Life Council: Click here to visit web site.
- National Right to Life: Click here to visit web site.
- Science for Unborn Human Life: a comprehensive, easy-to-use, free database. Click here to visit web site.
- Walk for Life West Coast: http://www.walkforlifewc.com