St. Ignatius Parish is a welcoming and inclusive Jesuit, Catholic Community in San Francisco. It is one of the most dynamic parishes in the Archdiocese of San Francisco. Parishioners travel long distances to take part in vibrant and engaging liturgies and participate in many services to marginalized populations. The lay leadership structure is a model for the contemporary Catholic parish.
St. Ignatius Parish seeks an experienced, full-time Director of Development to drive sustainable growth in fundraising and engagement with the parish, allowing us to accomplish our ambitious community goals for faith, service, and impact.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Pastor and Senior Director of Operations, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts with these primary duties:
1. Oversee the completion of the parish’s $25M Preservation & Promise campaign, which is currently in its major gifts phase.
2. Advance year-over-year growth of the parish’s annual fundraising efforts. (i.e. parish’s annual stewardship appeal, Archdiocesan Annual Appeal (AAA), etc.)
3. Serve as the major gifts officer alongside the Pastor and develop relationships with key supporters to advocate for the parish’s needs and vision.
4. Manage programs and operations of development departments and prepares and directs relevant policies and procedures.
5. Responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, evaluation, and employment status of department personnel and volunteers, including supervision of the development and volunteer departments.
6. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of the donor and volunteer databases by developing a thorough working knowledge of the fundraising software for thank you letters and appeal list selections
7. Train other staff and/or volunteers in proper data input and retrieval procedures.
8. Create effective fundraising activities and materials including grants, newsletters, advertising, and annual report.
9. Prepare financial and other analytical reports concerning fundraising campaigns, donors, clients, and volunteers.
1. Raise funds to meet the requirements of the annual budget.
2. Ensure direct mail, annual report, newsletter, and e-communications are implemented based on the alignment with the annual development plan.
3. Ensure annual fundraising and donor appreciation events are effective and exceed event expectations and goals.
4. Submit grant proposals to achieve income objectives.
5. Oversee and implement effective donor appreciation and stewardship activities.
6. Manage expenses in accordance with the annual budget.
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field
• Minimum of 5+ years of knowledge AND direct experience in fundraising techniques with requests to individuals, foundations, and corporations
-major donor events and fundraising
-planned giving programs
• Strong interpersonal, listening, oral, and writing skills
• Experience with Salesforce (NPSP preferred)
St. Ignatius Parish offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package, which includes medical, vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume to: