"What I Hope For Our Parish & What I Am Doing About It"
Questions for Reflection:
- What adjectives describe the kind of faith community I seek? What gifts do I have to help create that parish?
- What would help me to feel deeply that I belong to St. Ignatius Parish? How can I help others feel like they belong?
- What do I need in order to grow in my spiritual life, in my relationship with Jesus? What gifts do I have to offer others to help them in their spiritual lives?
- What can our parish offer that will help guide me toward deeper meaning in my life? How can I help others to find that?
- What do I need from St. Ignatius to be the person that I believe God wants me to be? How can I help others to be the people God wants them to be?
- How can St. Ignatius Parish help me respond more fully to the call of the Corporal Works of Mercy?
- How can I help others respond to them?
- Are there justice issues that God is calling me to attend to? What gifts do I bring to that/those project/s?
- What are the unarticulated, fundamental human longings that we live with in this 21st century that the Gospel calls St. Ignatius Parish to address? How will I help our parish become a place that addresses those longings?
"Why I Am Catholic"
Questions for Reflection:
- How did you become Catholic?
- If you are a “cradle Catholic”, what was your experience growing up?
- If you were baptized or received into the Church as an adult, why did you convert? What did you find attractive about the Church?
- What difference has being a Catholic made in your life?”
- How has your Catholic faith been important to you? What, in how you live your life, demonstrates that?
- What do you find attractive about Catholicism today?
- What about Catholicism do you struggle with today?
- What challenges do you face as a Catholic?
- From within yourself or from within the Church?
- From outside yourself or outside the Church?
- Why do you choose to remain Catholic today?
- What are the teachings or beliefs that you hold onto because they are helpful?
- Who are the people you hold onto because they inspire you, or teach you, or are helpful in some way?
- What are the traditions or rituals or sacraments that nourish your faith?
- Or, what is it that holds onto you? (Versus you holding onto it.)
- How does the Church help you to live the life you want to live or be the person you want to be? Does being Catholic help you to know Jesus more deeply? If so, how?
- How do you experience God in or through all or any of the above?
- What is that God like, in your experience? How would you describe that God, either in anthropomorphic terms or in non-anthropomorphic terms?