Supporting Our Community During Shelter in Place
As we shelter in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this resource page will be regularly updated to include volunteer opportunities and ways to support efforts at community based organizations and city agencies. If you have information to suggest for our wider St. Ignatius Parish community, please contact Sr. Theresa Moser, Mercy & Justice Commission staff liaison, at email@example.com
- ST. ANTHONY FOUNDATION | Free Clothing Program, COVID-19 Update - Link to this form if you are able to donate clothing or other essential items from the immediate-need list. [Regular curbside donation drop-off is suspended; please see this form for details around setting up a special, socially-distanced donation by appointment.] If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (415) 241-2600.
- FOOD BANK OF SF & MARIN | Support The Essential Work of Food Distribution - The Food Bank continues to evaluate the ever-changing needs of the community and open new opportunities when appropriate. Link here for details as to how you can help - learn more about volunteering at pop-up pantries, helping with food deliveries, or starting your own food drive.
- THE LIMA CENTER AT ST. DOMINIC'S | Donate Wish List Items, Provide Meals to Homeless Clients - Remember our neighbors experiencing hunger and homelessness by supporting the Lima Center, a drop-in space at St. Dominic's Catholic Church where clients can receive a hot meal, sandwiches, and snack bags, among other services. Link to this form to sign up to pick up items for the food pantry. To donate items directly to clients, link here to purchase from the Lima Center's Amazon Wish List. Please note that there is presently a great need for donations of ground coffee and powdered creamer for Lima Center clients. Contact Br. Michael James with any questions at email@example.com.
- CHINATOWN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CENTER | Support Food & Meal Programs - Chinatown CDC needs volunteers to help with its weekly bagged groceries and food pantry programs and hot meal delivery to SRO dwellings and public housing sites. Link to this form to share your availability to volunteer with staff at Chinatown CDC; regular availability is welcomed and very helpful to residents in Chinatown, North Beach, and the Tenderloin!
- SHANTI PROJECT - CERV | Apply to Assist Older Adults in Need - Become a COVID Emergency Response Volunteer (CERV) through this partnership between the Shanti Project and the City of San Francisco's Dept. of Disability & Aging Services. Link here for details around how to share your interest in volunteering to provide practical support (pick up of groceries and mail; dog walking; and serving other essential needs).
- ST. AGNES COMMUNITY OUTREACH | Stay Connected to Opportunities for Service - The St. Agnes community has the opportunity to come together and support each other in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, with the hope of identifying the needs of people who need additional care, such as access to necessities like food, medicine, or connection in this time of social isolation. Link to this form to share your interest in being part of these outreach efforts, as we work to create a network of response and build bridges to greater resources.
- CALIFORNIANS FOR ALL | Californians Making a Difference - The Governor's Office has compiled a list of ways you can help and be of service to fellow Californians; details at this link on everything from giving blood, to assisting senior citizens, to supporting local food banks. If you are able to help, there are many ways to connect to community need!