Join the Effort to Shape Our Work!
The Solidarity Committee invites all interested to come help shape the Parish’s ongoing efforts to accompany, advocate, and support migrants, refugees, and other peaceful people who may be subject to exclusion or removal from this land.
As you may know, following a discernment process that started last spring, St. Ignatius joined with San Francisco’s other Jesuit parish, St. Agnes, in jointly declaring ourselves Sanctuaries.
More importantly, as a community in the last year, we have:
- Directly supported and found housing for a family seeking asylum,
- Opened our pulpit to hear directly about a migrant’s journey,
- Been trained in accompanying individuals subject to immigration hearings,
- Have worked with other Sanctuary organizations, and
- Advocated for change.
We also have learned much from these efforts and know many more of you would like to help shape, participate in, and further grow our ministry.
So, please join us on Sunday, April 8, from 2:30-4:30 in Fromm Hall, to:
- Learn more about what St. Ignatius and others are doing as Sanctuaries
- Hear from those directly impacted by our current immigration policies
- Help shape St. Ignatius’ continuing efforts to provide Sanctuary directly and with other faith-based organizations, and
- Find out what you can do!
If you have any questions, or want to get involved, please contact: ImmigrationSIP@gmail.com
650 Parker Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94118